Thursday, September 13, 2007

Day Eleven -- The prequel

It's 7:30 AM. Just rolled out of bed and will start pulling myself together for the short trip to my aunt's house. Still need to figure out what route to take to get there. There are many, many choices.

Funny thing. As much as I have always loved maps, I realize that I have never really looked at a map of this part of Michigan. Oh, I have found my street and neighborhood on maps and in mapping software, but I have never looked at the larger area. I never looked at where Redford Township is situated in relationship to Pontiac and Ann Arbor and all the other nearby places. I never drove these roads. I was always a passenger. So I never had to figure out how to get from here to there. I was with people who knew the way.

I think that instead of following the Google Maps directions, which would take me much of the way on the expressway, I will take some surface roads I know w used to travel. I think I will take Telegraph Rd much of the way, because I know we used to travel that to my grandmother's almost every weekend when I was little.

BTW. Here I am on my birthday and I am just a few miles from the hospital where I was born. I considered going to look for it to get a photo, but I don't think I want to mess with the traffic. And besides, I learned yesterday that the building that used to be the main hospital is now a nursing home or something.

Better get moving. After I find something to eat I'm going to go get an oil change. Then off to family. I may be going dark for a few days, but you can always leave or send messages for me to find when I am back online. Bye for now.

No comments: